The Annual Giving Program
What is The Annual Giving Program?
The Annual Giving Program is a yearly fundraiser that provides support for essential programs and people at St. Matthew’s Parish School. Annual Giving contributions are high impact: every dollar goes to help every student and every teacher in this community this year. All gifts to The Annual Giving Program are fully tax-deductible.
What does Annual Giving support?
Annual Giving supports everything that sustains the St. Matthews School experience, including:
- Professional enrichment programs and benefits to attract and retain outstanding faculty and staff.
- Cutting-edge, age-appropriate technology education at all grade levels.
- Athletic programs to build character and teach healthy competition and sportsmanship.
- Opportunities for students’ creative expression and personal growth in the visual and performing arts.
- Financial aid for talented and deserving students.
- Ongoing maintenance of our 30-acre campus including facilities, gardens, playing fields, and grounds.
Recent projects and opportunities funded by Annual Giving revenue include:
- Robotics kits for mathematics with Mrs. Pal
- Harkness conference table for Language Arts collaborative learning
- Large screen monitor for Language Arts Resource Center
- Launch Pad makerspace for K-4 students
- Jane Young Learning Garden for K-4 students
- iTeach professional development course for Kindergarten teaching team
- iTeach professional development course for Grade 3 teacher
- Professional learning opportunity in Jerusalem for School Chaplain and Religion teacher
- Performing arts enrichment training for Drama teacher
- People of Color Conference for faculty members of Diversity Committee
Annual Giving supports this year's programs and people. Your generosity has immediate impact!
Who donates to The Annual Giving Program?
We ask every school family to make an annual giving contribution. We have achieved 100% participation from both parents and faculty since 2008.
We encourage everyone who has a special relationship with St. Matthew's to show their support with a gift to the school. Each year, we count on the generosity of parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty and staff, businesses, foundations and special friends in order to make our Annual Giving Campaign a success.
How much should I give?
Contributions of every size are important and help us reach our goals. We ask all members of the community to support St. Matthew's Annual Giving Program to the best of their ability and we encourage parents to make St. Matthew's a top philanthropic priority.
Tuition covers less than 75% of the true cost of a St. Matthew's education. As at every independent school, we rely on Annual Giving contributions to close much of the gap between tuition income and the cost of educating our students.
For 2016-2017, we relied on Annual Giving to "bridge the gap" of $2,850 per child. Please see below for our recognition levels.
Vanguard $25,000 and up
Headmaster $15,000 - $24,999
Bienveneda $10,000 - $14,999
Benefactor $7,500 - $9,999
Friend $4,500 - $7,499
Falcon up to $4,499
How is my gift recognized?
Donors are recognized in our online Annual Giving Honor Roll on the intranet (requires parent log in), in the Annual Report on Philanthropy, as well as on the Honor Roll displayed at the Sprague Center throughout the year. All donors at the Friend Level and higher ($4,500 and above) are invited to our annual Friends' Reception.
When should I make my gift?
We ask parents to pledge as early in the year as they are able. The school will invite all parents to pledge on 7th November, 2017. We hope to reach 100% parent participation by January 30, 2017. All pledge payments are due by June 1, 2017.
Who should I call with questions?
Please feel free to contact the Development Office with any questions you have.
, Development and Alumni Relations Director: 310.454.1350 ext. 155
How can I give?
Please send checks to:
St. Matthew's Parish School Annual Giving
1031 Bienveneda Avenue
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
To make a gift by phone, please call the Development Office at 310.454.1350 ext. 156. See Ways of Giving
for more information.
Donors are recognized for the combined level of all current fiscal year Annual Giving contributions, including any matching gifts.