The Annual Giving Program
What is The Annual Giving Program?
The Annual Giving Program is a yearly fundraiser that provides support for essential programs and people at St. Matthew’s Parish School. Annual Giving contributions are high impact: every dollar goes to help every student and every teacher in this community this year. All gifts to The Annual Giving Program are fully tax-deductible.
What does Annual Giving support?
Annual Giving supports everything that sustains the St. Matthew's Parish School experience, including:
- Professional enrichment programs and benefits to attract and retain outstanding faculty and staff.
- Cutting-edge, age-appropriate technology education at all grade levels.
- Athletic programs to build character and teach healthy competition and sportsmanship.
- Opportunities for students’ creative expression and personal growth in the visual and performing arts.
- Financial aid for talented and deserving students.
- Ongoing maintenance of our 30-acre campus including facilities, gardens, playing fields, and grounds.
Recent projects and opportunities funded by Annual Giving revenue include:
- Robotics kits for mathematics with Mrs. Pal
- Harkness Conference Table for Language Arts collaborative learning
- Large screen monitor for Language Arts Resource Center
- Launch Pad maker space for K-4 students
- Jane Young Learning Garden for K-4 students
- iTeach professional development course for Kindergarten teaching team
- iTeach professional development course for Grade 3 teacher
- Professional learning opportunity in Jerusalem for School Chaplain and Religion teacher
- Performing arts enrichment training for Drama teacher
- People of Color Conference for faculty members of Diversity Committee
Annual Giving supports this year's programs and people. Your generosity has an immediate impact!
Who donates to The Annual Giving Program?
We ask every school family to make an annual giving contribution. St. Matthew's has a strong tradition of 100% participation in Annual Giving by faculty and staff, trustees, and parents. Alumni and Alumni Parents give to the Alumni Fund. To view a list of donors, please log on to the parent portal. All donors are listed in our Annual Report, distributed early Fall.
We encourage everyone who has a special relationship with St. Matthew's to show their support with a gift to the school. Each year, we count on the generosity of parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty and staff, businesses, foundations and special friends in order to make our Annual Giving Campaign a success.
How much should I give?
Contributions of every size are important and help us reach our goals. We ask all members of the community to support St. Matthew's Annual Giving Program to the best of their ability and we encourage parents to make St. Matthew's a top philanthropic priority.
Tuition covers less than the true cost of a St. Matthew's education. As at every independent school, we rely on Annual Giving contributions to close much of the gap between tuition income and the cost of educating our students.
For 2017-2018, we relied on Annual Giving to "bridge the gap" of $2,900 per child. Please see below for our recognition levels.
Vanguard $25,000 and up *
Head of School $15,000 - $24,999 *
Bienveneda $10,000 - $14,999 *
Benefactor $7,500 - $9,999*
Friend $4,500 - $7,499 *
Falcon up to $4,499
* Donors who contribute at Friend Level or above are invited to a special reception.
How is my gift recognized?
Donors are recognized in our online Annual Giving Honor Roll on the intranet (requires parent login), in the Annual Report on Philanthropy (published in October), as well as on the Honor Roll displayed at the Sprague Center throughout the year. *All donors at the Friend Level and higher ($4,500 and above) are invited to our annual Friends Reception.
When should I make my gift?
The school will invite all parents to pledge in early November. We ask parents to pledge as soon after the letter is received as they are able. We already have achieved 100% participation from our faculty and staff and hope to reach 100% parent participation as well by January 31, 2019. All pledge payments are due by June 1, 2019. The first Honor Roll is displayed mid-December 2018.
Who should I call with questions?
Please feel free to contact the Advancement Office with any questions you have.
, Director of Advancement: 310.454.1350 ext. 155
How can I give?
Please send checks payable to St. Matthew's Parish School to:
St. Matthew's Parish School
Office of Advancement
1031 Bienveneda Avenue
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
To make a gift by credit card over the phone, please call Kristine Anderssen in the Business Office at 310.454.1350 ext. 141.
Donors are recognized for the combined level of all current fiscal year Annual Giving contributions, including any matching gifts.