Thank you for your interest in the Parent-Infant/Toddler Program!
The St. Matthew's Parent-Infant/Toddler Program is an auxiliary program of St. Matthew's Parish School, serving those families of the school, parish, and larger community who have children and infants age three and younger. Emphasizing the needs of both, we provide a setting in which young children and parents together can participate with other families in a supportive, educational, and enjoyable program.
Registration for 2016-17 is now closed. A link for 2017-18 enrollment will go live in April.
Q. Who can join?
A. In order to create a consistent class community for both parents and children, we ask that parents only attend with their enrolled infant or tot. There are a limited number of spaces in each group, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Q. When do classes meet?
A. Each class meets once a week for an hour and a half or two hour session. Our groups are unique in that they run for a full school year, from September 19th to June 9th, allowing parents, children and teachers to form strong and lasting relationships. All classes meet on weekday mornings, with the exception of the evening toddler group that meets from 6-7:30pm.
Q. How are the classes organized?
A. Infants and toddlers have very different needs at various stages of development. For this reason, groups are organized by the child's birthdate. When registering for a group, you will enter your child's birthdate. The available group(s) for his or her age will display.
Q. What are the program's goals for parents?
A. To provide the opportunity for you as a parent to enjoy a special weekly time with your child and increase confidence in your parenting abilities through:
- Participating in all aspects of the program
- Interacting with your child on a one-to-one basis, while observing him/her as a part of the group
- Examining your expectations as a parent
- Interacting with the other children in the group, both in the classroom setting and on the playground
- Sharpening your knowledge of child development
- Sharing your parenting concerns and ideas in a professionally led discussion group
- Becoming part of a supportive and caring parenting network
Q. What are the goals for infants and toddlers?
A. To arrange a setting for your child to enjoy a special weekly time with you and to:
- Enjoy stimulating, age-appropriate activities
- Delight in being the object of your focused attention during this special weekly event
- Increase his/her socialization skills
- Gain self-confidence in a trustworthy, consistent group setting
Q. How do I sign up for a class?
A. To register, you will complete an online registration process. Upon entering your child's birth date, a list of available classes for that age group will display.
Q. What is the cost to participate?
A. The 2016-17 cost to participate in a class is $1,900 for the year (September 19-June 10). A nonrefundable deposit of $500 is due upon registration to reserve a space. Families enrolling twins in the program will receive a 40% discount on the second child's registration.
Q. Does participation in the Parent-Infant Toddler program guarantee admission to the School?
A. No. The Parent-Infant/Toddler Program is an auxiliary program of the school and church, and participation is independent of the school's admission process.
If you have questions regarding the Parent-Infant/Toddler Program, we welcome your call or email.
Dana Berlin: Director of the Parent/Infant-Toddler Program & Grey McIntosh: Early Childhood Coordinator