Thank you for your interest in St. Matthew’s Parish School.
St. Matthew’s enjoys the well-deserved reputation of being among the leading preschool, elementary and middle schools in Southern California. Career opportunities often exist for those dedicated, talented and caring individuals seeking employment at such an excellent educational institution.
St. Matthew’s offers all employees – faculty, administrators and staff – competitive compensation, ample opportunities for professional development and a fulfilling work environment in a beautiful 30-acre setting. St. Matthew’s expectations for employees are high; we seek those talented and accomplished individuals, dedicated to providing children with the best possible educational experience.
Current Employment Opportunities:
The following positions are open for application:
Short-Team and Long-Term Substitute Teachers
If you are interested in applying, please click the Apply link in the right-hand toolbar to download an application form.
Short-Term and Long-Term Substitute Teachers
St. Matthew’s, an independent Episcopal day school for students in Preschool through grade 8, seeks both short- and long-term substitute teachers. An ideal candidate will have at least three years experience teaching in the elementary school setting. Additional certification is required for Preschool and Pre-K teachers in accordance with California licensing laws.
We anticipate both daily and long-term needs for the 2017-2018 school year.
Please direct inquiries to Dana Berlin, Principal, Grades PS-4 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teach woodwind workshops during 2017-2018 school year. Specific dates to be provided.
- Work as part of a team with music director and fellow brass and percussion specialists to implement assigned curriculum
- Flexible daytime schedule required. Classes meet on a rotating daytime schedule.
- Available 10:45-2:15 with occasional 3:00 PM ending time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement ongoing sequential wind instrument instruction
- Partner with music director to coach and teach woodwind instrumental techniques
- Rehearse and assist in preparing students for scheduled concerts and performance opportunities
- Promote enthusiasm for learning music
- Advanced woodwind player with a knowledge of how to play and teach young flute, clarinet, and saxophone players
- Prior experience working with homogeneous and heterogeneous instrument ensembles
- Bachelors degree preferred (Music emphasis ideal)
- Positive attitude and ability to connect with young learners
- Passion for learning, strong classroom management skills and a willingness to work collaboratively
Terms of Employment:
2017-2018 School year ( September-May)
Please direct inquiries to Susanne Glaholm, Music Teacher at email@example.com